Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have tried to open an account at the Bank of the Internet with zero success. I was rejected after several phone calls and over a month long wait because they claim they could not verify my identity. They used only ChexSystems, Inc to verify my identity. ChexSystems only receives collects and reports data on checking account applications, openings, and closures, including reasons for account closure. After several more weeks of waiting for my financial report I realized it was accurate although sparce. I have not opened or closed any checking accounts in the last 3 years and had no adverse reporting in file. I could see were I ordered checks and my identification information was accurate. It has now been close two months of trying to open this account and I am completely frustrated to the point that they would have to pay me to open an account with this bank. Their service is terrible. If they were to check Equifax, Experian or Transunion they would have found out I have an impeccable credit rating. It is there loss of my business that tells me never buy there stock. They are a flash in the pan and a splinter in my ass as I slide down the banister of life.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.