Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have used a “point of use” heater in the kitchen... It’s about one gallon and sits right below the kitchen sink... The “cold” water in actually comes from the hot-water line of the house.

I think you just resolved one of the greatest annoyances about my new house. I timed it: running full hot water from the kitchen faucet it takes 1:15 before it gets hot. Part of that is the distance, and some the diameter of the pipes, but I believe most of it is the slow "water saver" flow of the faucet. I will have to measure the actual flow. If it flows at the most common limit of 2.2 gallons per minute the 1.5 gallon unit you have would run out before the other hot water arrived. But I suspect the flow is slower than that.

There is already power under the sink for the garbage disposal, which came with the house. Such a device is contraindicated when it runs to a septic tank and leaching field buried in the yard. I'm sure the plumber can get rid of that while he is under there.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.