Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I have used both over the years and both have 'features' that the other may or may not have. For instance, as one who likes to track expenditures to more than 2 levels (Categories / Sub-categories) Quicken handles this and Money does not.

Money does a much better job of converting Quicken data than Quicken does of converting Money data, at least in my experience.

Neither will do everything you want it to do in an intuitive fashion but for entering and tracking your 'normal' checkbook and stock purchases and giving you tons of ways to view the data/reports both will do a good job.

I am not sure if you can get a trial version of either one but that would be the way to go if possible. Perhaps a prior year version off eBay would be in order as the enhancements from one version to the next are usually minor, unless off course they add a feature you need.

arahfool
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.