Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I haven't seen any of the gymnastics other than the Americans and the Chinese. The Romanians took the Bronze, yet I think they only showed one exercise for one person on the team. I couldn't even tell you who else got a medal on the men's because they never showed anything but the Japanese misstep.

It's too late now (sorry, I've been off the boards) but I took to recording the Telemundo airing of gymnastics to combat just this thing. They showed athletes from Spanish speaking countries as well as a bunch of others that didn't make NBC's coverage. Also Annia Hatch (who was on the US women's team in 2004) was one of the commentators. My Spanish is rusty at best, so I didn't understand everything they said, but it was enough.

I was also annoyed that they would show some of the favored gymnasts (USA or China) standing around waiting to go or for his or her scores while I could hear that there was a perfectly good floor routine going on in the background. Yes, I wanted to see how the US gymnasts did. But I don't need to see them standing around.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.