No. of Recommendations: 0
I heard that AT&T has DSL that is fastest enough to watch Netflix via the Wii at just 15 bucks per month. But . . . I did not read all the fine print. I imagine they got some 'gotchas' in there somewhere! Does any one have ATT DSL and if so what do you think of their service and pricing?

Ignoring the question of it should should even be paying for netflix at all and focusing on the technical questions:

I don't have that pricing plan, but I was able to find on AT&T's website that the plan is 12 months only then standard rates apply. I would imagine the standard rate would be around $35-$40 a month.

You are also limited to 150 GB of data per month. My guess is that would be about 333 hours of netflix per month (with NO other internet usage. That's 11 hours a day, so unless you are also streaming music or downloading large files around the clock, 150 GB is more than enough for the vast majority of users.

$14.95 AT&T High Speed Internet Offer: Offer available for new residential Internet customers only. Offer applies to up to 3.0 Mbps Internet service after monthly bill credit. After 12 months, standard rate applies unless canceled by customer. Requires AT&T home phone service. Promotional rates may no longer apply if customer changes their speed tier during term. Modem/gateway required. Taxes apply. Internet price includes 150 GB of data/mo. Additional $10 charge per each 50 GB of data usage in excess of data plan. For more information, go to www.att.com/internet-usage. Speed claim(s) represent maximum downstream and/or upstream speed capabilities which may vary and are not guaranteed. Offer expires 12/31/12.
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.