Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I herniated 3 disks in my lower back some yrs. ago...forget the yr...2009? Shucks, the yrs. go by so fast, that’s why I write things down now, I can’t remember S.(CRSS). Anyway, it was pretty bad and I thought my life was over and so I got a lawn service for I think 2 or 3 yrs. They bent up my gutters, and they killed a lot of plants. The only thing good about them and it was a business, not a free-lancer....was it was cheap.....$45 a cut. 3 guys-2 on these large riding mowers, one in the front and one in the back, the other guy with trimmer and blower. They were out of here in less than 30 minutes.
I didn’t like the way the floating deck on their mower cut my grass and when I had them do seeding and other stuff, like fertilizing and weeding, the results weren’t good. It was a waste of money.

It takes me an hr.and a quarter with my self propelled walk behind mower. I don’t use a trimmer, I use Roundup and sometimes I use the blower. I like cutting the grass, it’s cardio since I walk at a fast clip and my yard is on a slope and I get air and much needed sunshine and I don’t mind the heat and I don’t mind sweating. As long as I can walk, I’ll keep doing it until I move to my “Happy Valley” nursing home or retirement community.

I do pay for heavy duty pruning since the majority of my trees, bushes and screens are way too tall for me to cut and I can’t hold a pole saw for that long because it hurts my back...and I pay for re-edging the beds and putting mulch in every few yrs or more. I’m not a perfectionist so as long as the grass is cut and the shrubs aren’t too scraggly looking, I’m fine with that. :)

Anywho.....it’s time for yard work today.

Lucky Dog
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.