Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I hesitate to add to this thread, nevertheless, I want to thank for that long but very informative post. One of my weaknesses is love of emerging technologies that hold great promise. More than once I have invested in companies with this kind of story (fortunately, not great amounts of money). In retrospect, I don't recall any of them ever becoming financially rewarding. Every single one has been a financial disaster and thereby an investment failure.

I'd like to swear that I'll never make that mistake again. I hope I can stick to that.

Maybe, considering the way in which you have so clearly and painstakingly spelled out the Tragic Tale of Solazyme I will remember this story before I once again get sucked in . . .
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.