Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
True story, happened here a couple days ago. Some punks are cruising the main street, shooting people with Super-Soakers. Shot the off-duty (in plain clothes) police chief in the eyes. He calls for marked cars and gets them pulled over, and sluggs the shooter through the open window, breaking his nose. Of course, the punk is suing.

Twit
Print the post Back To Top
True story, happened here a couple days ago.
===*===

Some places the punks use paint ball guns. Saw it on the news a while back but don't remember the city.
Some places the punks use paint ball guns. Saw it on the news a while back but don't remember the city.

They did that here too for a short while, until they saw the penalties if they were successfuly prosecuted for felonies. Pellet guns are another favorite.

Twit
No. of Recommendations: 2
sluggs the shooter through the open window, breaking his nose

I'm not sure what's worse...the idiots with the supersoaker waterguns, or a police chief that can't control his temper with a bunch of punk kids. What does this guy do behind closed doors? Clearly, he knew it was a watergun...after all its kind of easy to know the difference between getting shot in the face with water compared to getting shot in the face with a bullet.

He should have let the kids go down on whatever charges they could find, and have enough sense to let the law handle it. Being the police chief, I'm sure he could have seen to it that they got nailed with more than a slap on the wrist. But, maybe he has no faith in the local legal system...which would be the worst thing of all.

marxtacy
He should have let the kids go down on whatever charges they could find, and have enough sense to let the law handle it.

The liberal purist in me agrees. The angry, budding conservative celebrates what he did. Part of leadership is keeping the respect of the troops. Like it or not, beat cops have their own sense of justice, and it doesn't always parallel the law. In extreme distortion, it's evidenced by that broom stick in New York. Most of the time, it's much less destructive. But it's always there.

No matter how it shakes out, it's going to be darn interesting to see how the civilians, politicians, and emergency services people posture themselves around this. If there's one generality you can make about Erie politics, it's boring as can be usually.

Twit
RE: "The liberal purist in me agrees. The angry, budding conservative celebrates what he did"

It's the difference between Law and Justice.

SB (Champion of Justice)
The liberal purist in me agrees. The angry, budding conservative celebrates what he did.
===*===

Back in my day the punk's Old Man would have opened a can o' whup-ass on said punk as well.

Raggmopp
I had a similar experience when I was on active duty. I was a member of the special response team, and the admiral was out of town. His wife sees people running through the woods behind their quarters, and calls the shore patrol, and they call us out.

We mount up, full load of real live ammo, and go looking for the "bad guys". Turns out is was a group of sailors with replica squirt guns playing war games. Thankfully this did not end up with any shots fired, just some very read faces when the sailors had to explain to their CO's why they were near the admirals quarters in the first place. Not good head work.
Thankfully this did not end up with any shots fired, just some very read faces when the sailors had to explain to their CO's why they were near the admirals quarters in the first place.

COs just love that stuff. Like they don't have enough on their plate dealing with real problems.

Twit
COs just love that stuff. Like they don't have enough on their plate dealing with real problems.
===*===

If the Admiral's wife has her panties in a wad 'cause of your guys it's a real problem.

Raggmopp
If the Admiral's wife has her panties in a wad 'cause of your guys it's a real problem

The reason she was a tad upset was the threat condition at the time was high, and that area of the base is off limits, and posted as such.