Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I hope, too, that you are taking care of yourself in all this. It's a similar thought process -- the more you take care of yourself in the stable times, the more able you are to deal with the unstable stuff.

I've been trying. I am taking care of the paperwork but that's not really visible, and Little Sis and Mom have made a few comments about me being at the hospital more, but I'm just at my limit. Like fall in bed at 8pm some nights limit. I'm working late the days before and after I'm off work to take care of things at the hospital, and I still have three kids and a house and a commute and some time-sensitive daily to-dos on either end of that, plus I'm spending brain power while at work doing some of the items (like, I'll call a doctor's office about billing while running something else in the background, that kind of thing). If I get off work late, all I want to do is pick up the youngest before I incur a late fee, get home, make dinner, fall into bed.

It's just grinding. But T has been a huge help and relief (despite his own career causing early mornings and late nights), and we've managed to slog through so far.

I've had a few hurts along the way, most notably Cousin and his wife just not stepping up to the plate when I asked for some emergency child care (because all of our local child care was either closed for the holidays or AT THE HOSPITAL WITH THE GUY WE THOUGHT MIGHT BE ACTIVELY DYING), but so far I've managed to just let that simmer on the back burner a bit. Like, noted. NOTED.

Sorry, rambling.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.