Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I ignore articles like this. No offense intended to the poster, but it's BS unless it appears in a proper journal.

Statements like this are really misleading. It is like saying that quantum physicists doubt Newton. They don't. Like Darwin's, Newton's theory is incomplete, not surprising for something over a century old. But it is still foundational to modern physics just as the theory of evolution is foundational to modern biology.

Excellent analogy. Spot-on.

I read a quote from Dr Francis Collins, head of the human genome project and a fundamentalist xian**, that just based on genetics evolution is irrefutable at this point and xians should stop denying it.

1poorguy

**He has a book, too. I haven't read it, but apparently he encountered a falls while hiking that was frozen in three streams and accepted Jesus as his lord and savior on the spot. Brilliant man, but how he could come to such an irrational conclusion and compartmentalize that is beyond my pay grade.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.