No. of Recommendations: 0
I intend to open an IRA investing in Intels DRIP. I also intend to self direct in the Roth in other individual companies.
Since I do not have a broker, what do I do?
A.) call my bank and ask to open an Roth account and tell them what I intend to do.
B.) call a broker and tell them of my intentions.

Having a little difficulty getting past the first step.

You can only buy what the IRA custodian will let you buy.

Look for a discount broker. This will let you buy stock, bonds, mutual funds, CD's etc. A bank will probably have less choices.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.