No. of Recommendations: 1
I just got back from a European vacation where I also took my daughters. I took a river cruise down the Danube from Passau, Germany to Budapest, Hungary. It was very enjoyable.

If your kids are like mine, they'll fondly remember this trip long into the future. Mine are 43 and almost 40 and still bring up vacations and other special events from childhood from time to time (DD also fondly remembers handing me the clothespins as a toddler & preschooler--special memories don't have to cost money, but the $100/day we spent renting a sailboat for a week most summers was pretty low-cost for a vacation.

I think between the cost of housing, college loans, and nanny/daycare, it's harder to save nowadays, especially on median income or less.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.