No. of Recommendations: 7
I have just gotten home after a 4 month trip on the ship I work on. I get home to the news that Global Gains is now going away. I will miss GG in many ways. At one point in time (Before the Chinese Stock hoopla) GG was among my favorite newsletters.

I had slowly turned away from GG as it began attracting too many all China, All of the time type people. I personally think most people do more poorly investing when following the concepts of "Over-Weighting" stocks and/or sectors more often than not. Gluttony can be a "sin" in some people's belief systems and in my belief system the concept of being Overweight can be unhealthy......sorta like Super-size me http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283/super-size-me

Nah,......I am more interested in controlling my consumption habits and not being a GLUTTON for punishment.

I will miss GG but I think the way that the Fool has decided to close down GG will work for me. Between Nathan's real money picks and MDP, my tendency to think global will probably be satisfied with balanced meals.

Starrob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.