Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just got off the phone with Scottrade, and I'll transfer it as soon as possible, probably the beginning of May. Right now her broker is her best friends husband. I don't know how he looks at her in the face knowing what he is doing to her. He is with Rushmore Securities Corp in Dallas, TX. We get a lot of statements from Pershing. I'm not familiar with them. I want my mom to be happy with what her retirement money is doing. Once it's under our (family) control she will be able to sleep just a little bit better.

I'm sure her broker right now will want to charge her a ton of $$$, but I'll help her pay for it just so I know that everything is going good with her stuff. From my portfolio tracking, her total portfolio is down almost -9%. But her broker has brainwashed her to think "Everyone is losing money." Which is not true. You are very helpful. Thank you so much Caat.

Brett
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.