Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I just park mine on the back porch when I'm not using it.

Doesn't it rust?

Nope, it's mostly under the porch which protects it from the rain we don't have here in the desert. ;-)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you enjoy recycling aluminum, then do it for the enjoyment. But let's not pretend it's saving the planet.

If recycling aluminum would/could save the planet everybody would have done it by now.

As I've noted before, collecting abandoned aluminum cans turns my boring exercise walks/rides* into somewhat more interesting 'Easter egg' hunts.

Yes, the worldwide pandemic has reduced industry/commerce but pessimism won't help US or the world dig our way out of this so buck up and help yourself, your community and and your country/world.

My tricycle
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/95a3c3ba-25ff-4e9e-bcf2-a80...

Desert (cycling recycler) Dave
Cool trike. (I must be getting old.)

During the Summer, a local school got a grant to give kids breakfast lunch, which (because of the pandemic) they provided as a drive-thru service once a week. A family with four kids would get a 25 pound box of meals, along with 3.5 gallons of milk (1 pint per kid per day), which must weigh 28 pounds (because: math).

One day, when driving by the long line of cars, I was surprised to see one of the parents in a trike similar to yours. It looked a bit odd to see a trike in long line of cars, but I found myself wishing I had one.

How much do they cost?
Cool trike. ... How much do they cost?

By the time I got through adding an international orange safety flag and thorn proof tires.mine cost about $400 fully assembled.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/686f4029-f...

IIRC I could have bought an UNassembled one with regular tires and no flag a cheaper at Walmart.
Unfortunately, I realized I'd have no place to store it.

We have a small house, and the shed we use for "overflow" storage is already full of our kids bikes.

Perhaps I'll buy a bigger house so I can get a trike!
Perhaps I'll buy a bigger house so I can get a trike!

Doesn't it rust?

Doesn't it rust?

Nope, it's mostly under the porch which protects it from the rain we don't have here in the desert. ;-)