Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
I just printed the 1040X form, and it includes the 1040 long form after it.

Maybe Intuit has gone into the paper business. DO NOT send that 1040 to the IRS. Mark it prominently "as amended" and keep it with your records. All you send to the IRS in this particular case is the 1040X and, if there is one, Schedule B. The 1040X should show the correct amount of additional refund you'll get. If it doesn't, you've done something wrong.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.