Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I just recently started using CAPS.  I am using it to test my stock ideas to see how they would do if I bought them.  (I have many more ideas than I do money to buy them.)  These are stocks I would buy if I had the money, (some of which I do already own), and stocks that I would present to my investment club when it became time for me to present again, (and some I have already presented to the club, several of which we have already purchased).  (If you are not a member of an investment club already, I highly recommend forming or joining one.  Good comraderie, easier diversification and a potential source of good ideas for investment.) 

I also use CAPS as a source of ideas for stocks to investigate.  I look at the top players holdings, see what they have done well with and do my own investigation of these stocks.  Since I am only interested in stocks I would buy if I had the money, I only look at outperform calls.   You seem to be doing pretty good overall.  Good luck and keep up the good work.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.