Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know that the aim of American Bank is to be everyone's primary checking account. For me, the biggest draw to using a bank as my primary checking account would be ease of bill payment using Quicken. Some people are very interested in making sure they are getting the absolute best possible interest rate. They are willing to move money around between accounts to cover bills etc. in order to earn an extra 1%, which is fine for them. For me, I would much rather have one account that I could use to leave all my money in and be able to pay bills easily. Features such as automatic ACH transfers are nice, and I would use them, but I have to admit that a lot of people use accounts with good ACH capabilities merely as shell accounts to move money between other banks. This is what a lot of people did with x.com, and others do now with Lighthouse bank. There's nothing wrong in that, don't get misunderstand me, but from the bank's perspective I think that would be negative. I'm hopeful that pcbanker.com is going to be successful, so I would really like to see them add features which I think would encourage customer loyalty - such as Quicken bill pay.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.