Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I know the fears, especially #3 That everything will turn out okay, especially the bird!. I usually make really good pies, especially pumpkin. So last year I was asked to make some pies for a large Thanksgiving gathering. I thought, "Oh Well, this will be my job for Thanksgiving for the next 30 years." The pies were made from pumpkins that I grew, I had made several pies from them earlier in the fall and they were excellent, but when I cooked the pumpkin the night before thanksgiving and made the pies on Thanksgiving morning they were terrible, the worst pies I ever made. They had a strange color, a strange texture, and a strange taste. I don't know what went wrong but they were, as my daughter says, "Yucky". This was quite embarassing after my wife had been praising my pies to everyone. However, I thought, at least this would get me out of the Thanksgiving pie business.

It didn't work. Yesterday I found out that I am expected to make some pies again this year.

So Tony, I guess you don't have to worry that the turkey will turn out okay, you will be expected to do it again next year regardless of the outcome.

prime13
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.