Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I know the Oz team tried to do exactly the same thing a couple of seasons ago
This is what I mean about misrepresenting facts. Really I probably can't blame you. You would probably just be swallowing some Kiwi journalists line.
Let me fill you in on the facts. The situation you are talking about was this.
Australia still won the game in question. This is the first big difference.
Australia did this (batted slowly) to attempt to qualify themselves for the finals, not to prevent someone else qualifying. This is the next big difference and the whole crux of my point.

Do you want me to continue to raise the underarm bowling incident ??
Really I can't see the point in that, you'd only be raising it in a spiteful defensive measure and we have both already agreed it was within the rules of the game.

Do you want me to raise the issue of the bribe taking allegations ??
Well you just did, didn't you? As I said in a spiteful defensive measure. You mean the allegations not proven, the very suspect allegations from a known criminal? The allegations from a man proven to be a liar? The allegations that these Aussies provided exactly the same information that Tony Greig supplies to up to 50 million people at the start of every Australian Test Match?

I really would prefer to let this thing drop.

Well how about you address my point? Which was (yet again)-

It is a totally different matter playing in a way to make sure your own team makes the finals, than it is playing in a way that makes sure team B (SA)makes the final instead of team A (Oz).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.