Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I know there are others that agree; I only referenced you by name because you happened to start this particular thread, but I don't mean you are the only one that feels that way sometimes.

You see, I don't look at this site as a financial journal, I look at it as a bunch of amateurs talking about businesses and investing. Granted, some of the TMFers are trained in finance, but I put the TMFers on an equal footing with those on my favorite fools list, like Mycroft. There are others I don't have on the list too.

I've read every book, including Dale Wettlaufer's book, and I've read almost everything here for over two years, so I feel I have a "sense" of the site. That's not to say everyone else is wrong, of course, but I've seen quite a few people get angry at TMF because of misconceptions.

<snip>
But, the bottom line is the the Fool does employ journalists-whether by profession or dumb luck, those columnists by virtue of what they do are journalists and need to maintain an even higher standard than the traditional brokerage-type media because of the spotlight they're in.
<snip>

I would argue then that the people who post here, you and me included, are also in that same spotlight. I've made posting mistakes, but I hope my mistakes don't provoke outrage and condemnation. While TMF leads, we also participate and answer questions for new visitors. Every column references the appropriate board for the reader to visit. We are the teachers, opinion writers and board monitors too.

Bottom line: Your concerns were legitimate. You flamed the writers and all of TMF. There was a better way.

Floggercat
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.