Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I just have to ask:

Okay-- When I got out of school (2 years ago) I had a small loan from AFSA, several small loans from Sallie Mae and some other folks, and then a humungous loan in my mothers name from USA Group.

I consolidated all of the Sallie mae loans into 1 (a fixed rate of 7.5%, but left out the AFSA loan because the interest was lower. I couldn't do anything with the USA group loan because its not in my name.

Now I would like to take advantage of the July 1st consolidation, etc. business, but I'm wondering if I'm disqualified because I have a fixed rate loan. Is this true? Even if I consolidate the AFSA loan with the Sallie mae loan through Direct Loans? A very SIMPLE explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Toya
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.