My comments on "herd mentality"

I know you don’t advise that. Quite the contrary. But it does happen, and I suspect more frequently than you realize.

What’s the point? The main reason we come here is to discuss growth stocks. After all the due diligence, most people find the stock worth buying and they buy include Saul. What you said is that if Saul buy a stock we should avoid?

Motley Fool subscribers buy MF recommended stocks. Is that wrong? According to you, they should avoid those stocks.

We come here discuss, share ideas, learn from people better than ourselves. We do reach consensus sometime and people buy together. But each people also come with new ideas that they believe in but not others. PTON is an example that Saul didn’t believe in but still many people bought. But the important thing is that we all learn and improve. FSLY is a good example that I learned from AYX experience and exited early. We always say when business change to the worse, we get out. But when the change is here, many hesitate and resort to hope. That’s the big lesson that Saul taught us again and again. Future is always uncertain. The decision is based on odds. Some changed companies will come back big. But that should not prevent us from taking the right action to bail out.

18 Likes