Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I like (and invest in) RS-52:
1) Take the ValueLine stocks with a Timeliness Rank = 1 (there are 100 of them).
2) Purchase the Top-3 (or Top-5...your choice) with the highest 52-week Total Return (highest price appreciation over the last year)
I also like LowPrice/BookValue Screen (a value play):
1) Take the Top-500 stocks by Market Cap
2) Purchase the Top-3...or Top-5...with the lowest Price-to-Book Value Ratio. Alan ------------- ----------------------------- ---------------- ----------------------- ---------------Thank you. I just want to say that I am going to look into MI more as I need technical information (like what I get from this board) to help me decide if "the time is right." I think trenchrat is fundamentally right that the charts reflect traders sentiment and actual behavior far in advance of what is known fundamentally. I want to hasten to add that I have nothing against Jamie Gritton and it looks like I may benefit from his efforts. It is mainly that Bruce Brown and trenchrat have earned their status as patron saints on the Fool boards (I agree fully with Hokieharry that Bruce probably mainly should have won because of his diverse efforts at "difficult" boards such as New Paradigm, CANSLIM, European board, etc. There is also the symbolic value of a European opera singer Renaissance man interested in investing being a mentor for the Fool (the Fool or anyone else for that matter would have difficulty constructing a better representative that people would believe). BTW, I hold posters responsible for the integrity of the info they present somewhat, but I would never hold any mentor responsible for my investment decisions--noone can know what is best for you other than yourself and perhaps God. These days when I post to other boards (I do not need to say this here as it is understood), I often ask readers to do me a favor and please make your own investment decisions based on your personal situation. Peace, :-) Transfigurement
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.