Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I like it when I'm om my own periodically

Oh, me too! For example, he's gone for 10 days Deer Killing. For some of that time, the big kids will be with their dad (four days of it), so I just have Leroy Jethro and the Puppies. Last night's dinner was nuked chicken and green beans for the boy child, and popcorn for me. Yay for not cooking!

I think sometimes, and perhaps this is what's getting dean's wife, it's the cumulative amount of Gone + Not Useful that adds up. Not necessarily the details - the whole of it. For example, I will be All Accomodating Out by the end of December, because there's regular season, then extended hunt (for which he will likely hunt at least one weekend day, being gone the evening before too), then black powder season (two to three whole days gone), then one long azz weekend where we are Not Home because we are trying to do Xmas for his side of the family and at Grandma's house, an on call weekend he has scheduled for work...

If he were to say "Hey, this one free weekend on the calendar, mind if I go out with the guys?" I'd likely Have A Moment about it. And he would not go.

Other times, times like January when he's not playing basketball to stay in shape for softball (I wish I were joking) and Q only has twice a week practice, why, I'd likely say Sure! Have fun!

As GSF pointed out, if dean's gone that friday evening, sleeping in on Saturday, then being gone all evening Sunday on the same weekend? That would be pushing my Limits of Accomodation.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.