Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I liked Maher's request that she start asking the Police, the Military, etc, what THEY will do in the event a Democrat wins. Get them on record.

Also, her reply to 'what about the farmers, who are 87% (?) for Trump'.. was perhaps not very 'in the real world'?
Let's go back to the infamous Bernie line 'a woman can't win'.
I just spent several hours with a male friend, mid 80's, who flat out said that he WILL NOT VOTE FOR A WOMAN, ... why? CAUSE A WOMAN IS NOT CAPABLE OF LEADING THE US.

He's not a farmer... he's an older white man, raised in a conservative religious background, raised HIS KIDS the SAME WAY!!!
I fully expect that his kids will vote Trump, if the Dem candidate is a woman. Actually, the males will all vote Trump anyway.
I think a SIGNIFICANT portion of the white people (women, TOO!) of 'flyover country' will vote ABTW (Anyone But the Woman).

I managed to not lose my cool.

Maher also asked Buttigieg how he was handling the ABTG (pick your gay slur). Buttigieg flubbed that, too.

Any woman or gay candidate MUST be proactively working on that problem.
Bernie has the ABTS problem.

:-/
ralph.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I don't think she flubbed.

I think it was a sensational hypothetical.

There's no evidence, beyond Trump's inane prattle that he deserves a 3rd term, that he'd take executive action to declare an election invalid.
I don't think it's Amy's problem to solve. And it won't make me feel better to hear her say she'll have him dragged out of the WH kicking and screaming. OTOH, I hate the idea of this dreadful SCOTUS making such a political decision; alas, I'm afraid the ball lands in their, er, Court.
I hate the idea of this dreadful SCOTUS making such a political decision; alas, I'm afraid the ball lands in their, er, Court.

I agree, I don’t think the prez has the power to declare an election valid or invalid. All he could do is sue, and then a court would decide.

It’s hard to fake an election because so many different entities collect and count the votes, and they can be recounted. Only if it’s extremely close, could just a few tallies, if corrupted, change the outcome.

When the counts are known and made public, anybody can tally the spreadsheet and know who really won. Trump can lie about it all he wants, but the majority wouldn’t accept it.

Of course some thought trump could never change the weather, either.
No. of Recommendations: 4
It’s hard to fake an election because so many different entities collect and count the votes, and they can be recounted. Only if it’s extremely close, could just a few tallies, if corrupted, change the outcome.

That's sort of related to her answer: win big so there's no question.

However, Trump can (and believably would) declare "irregularities", and "a conspiracy to steal the election".

I agree, I don’t think the prez has the power to declare an election valid or invalid.

What's to stop him? It is fortunate that he's alienating our military (particularly our "bunch of dopes and babies" generals). So they likely wouldn't stand behind him. However, it is folly to think this couldn't happen. It is only the respect for rule-of-law and the Constitution that prevents it, and those are both almost (if not entirely) gone.

I think Klobuchar should have said "as the rightful elected POTUS I would have the secret service remove him, if necessary". I would have said "federal marshalls", but I think the justice department under Barr has been corrupted and is no longer reliable.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I liked Maher's request that she start asking the Police, the Military, etc, what THEY will do in the event a Democrat wins. Get them on record.

Also, her reply to 'what about the farmers, who are 87% (?) for Trump'.. was perhaps not very 'in the real world'?
Let's go back to the infamous Bernie line 'a woman can't win'.
I just spent several hours with a male friend, mid 80's, who flat out said that he WILL NOT VOTE FOR A WOMAN, ... why? CAUSE A WOMAN IS NOT CAPABLE OF LEADING THE US.

He's not a farmer... he's an older white man, raised in a conservative religious background, raised HIS KIDS the SAME WAY!!!
I fully expect that his kids will vote Trump, if the Dem candidate is a woman. Actually, the males will all vote Trump anyway.
I think a SIGNIFICANT portion of the white people (women, TOO!) of 'flyover country' will vote ABTW (Anyone But the Woman).

I managed to not lose my cool.

Maher also asked Buttigieg how he was handling the ABTG (pick your gay slur). Buttigieg flubbed that, too.

Any woman or gay candidate MUST be proactively working on that problem.
Bernie has the ABTS problem.

:-/
ralph.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Klobuchar should have said "as the rightful elected POTUS I would have the secret service remove him, if necessary". I would have said "federal marshalls", but I think the justice department under Barr has been corrupted and is no longer reliable.

Klobuchar would have no power to declare herself the rightful elected. Nor would Trump. The Electoral College would do that.

If she was anointed Prez by the Electoral College, yet Trump refused to leave the White House, she would have to go to Wash DC court and the court would order the relevant law enforcement agency to remove him.

Meanwhile she would be in charge of the government from an undisclosed location. Including the Secret Service reporting to her. Trump would be alone inside the White House eating Big Macs and talking gibberish to the Ghosts of Hannity Past.