Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I live in a rented house. I own a condo apartment that I have rented out.

Can I deduct the condo association fee I pay every month from my taxable
income, in addition to the mortgage interest on the apartment?

Yes you can. You must also deduct depreciation or you lose the deduction.

You might want to see a CPA because your two questions lead me to think that you maybe missing valid deductions. IF you don't, buy a copy of turbo tax delux and read the help and other info on rental property and home offices.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.