Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I live near the huge beautiful Olympic Park, protected, clean and the water. Noise is almost non existent. Air quality is amazing. Stars shine bright. We had several storms roll through. Sitting on my new deck, listening to the rain, I couldn’t remember the air smelling so good.

Color me green with envy. When I bought my current house, quiet was at the top of the list. My quest: What is the most quiet place I can get while being a reasonable distance to work & horse and having high-speed internet?

With the slightest breeze through the trees, I cannot hear traffic on the nearest highway, which is 1/2 mile away. No small feat since I work in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk, VA metropolitan area.

In the mid-80's, our ship pulled into Everett, WA for a few days. Couple of buddies & I drove down to the Olympic Park for a hike and it was just wonderful. I look forward to getting back there.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.