Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I look at investing as being similar to starting/owning a business. It's not for everyone, due to risk. All you can control is trying to be as educated as you can about the risks you decide to take and whether you'll be able to abide with the possible negative outcomes.

It's necessary that a certain percentage of humanity take the plunge; it's how we've raised our standard of living. Where would we be as a society if people weren't willing to "go into business?"

So it's a worthy, albeit risky, venture. Only you can determine if it's for you or not.

I'm happy to have lived through this downturn. It's taught me a lot about my temperament and what, if anything, I've learned about investing.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.