Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I love all you people.

You're great. I am constantly amazed by this community.

First...and update.....can't remember if I already posted this here since it's been a long day and I've talked to a lot of people BUT.....

Looks like the thingie by his Ptooeytary Gland is not a Ptooeytary tumor but instead is a meningioma - benign tumor that probably doesn't have anything to do with his symptoms. They are going to just do scans every so often and monitor it.

So, they have pretty much decided that he just had a mild stroke and that the thing to do is to rest and take it easy, but not just lay in bed all the time. They are having him get up and walk around a bit more to see if his symptoms are better/worse/the same. When he is able to move around a decent amount and not have terrible head pain, they will let him go home to recover. We're hoping that might even be tomorrow.

Now, onto all the great offers I've gotten.

Hunzi, I sent my address that you requested to your email.

imp, I will think about your offer to come help on the weekend. Whether we do this depends on whether he is home and how he feels about having people around. The biggest reason I've really needed some of the help is that I can't BE at home much except to sleep right now, which gets easier if he goes home. :o)

tconi and everyone who offered to chip in for Thai food delivery - that is one of the Most Nicest Things Ever. Unfortunately, the closest thai place doesn't deliver here. I am, however, getting a bit of a second wind and think I might be up for driving the extra few miles to go treat myself to that tonight. And I am going to buy EXTRA because I found a microwave at the hospital, so I will either be taking it to work tomorrow (if I elect to go to the office) or to the hospital.

thanks, thanks, thanks.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.