Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
I make deposits at ATMs all the time. I have made hundreds of ATM deposits at Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Bank One, and not one mistake has ever been made. I write my name, account number, and deposit amount on the envelope, even if there is no pre-printed places for this information.

I can understand why some people would be hesitant to make ATM deposits. However, I can only go on my experiences.

I have emailed Bank of America, asking them what safeguards are in place to prevent employee theft when opening, counting, and posting ATM deposits. I will post the answer when I get it.

They did tell me, however, that ATM deposits are covered by Regulation E. This is good to know in case something happens, but I want to know what procedures are in place to make sure something doesn't happen in the first place.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.