Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I may have been overcompensating while trying not to focus on my recent Verizon horror story.

Oh pray tell. I've had about 3 months of horror with them on several fronts, and have been absolutely astounded at their ability to filibuster. This must be one of their primary competitive advantages.

A recent classic was while I was researching the phone tax refund issue that I mentioned a few days ago. I could not find the line item on the ~100 page bill that showed the tax. I called customer service and asked which one it was. I talked to 6 people (through multiple calls and being transferred around) and everyone professed complete ignorance of the issue. Surely, I am not the only one calling them about this, since nearly every individual and business in the country with phone service is eligible for a refund.

I finally talked to a supervisor and she suggested that I call the IRS. She said that Verizon was just reporting whatever information gave them, and that the IRS would be able to tell me what I was looking for. Normally I would argue, but I was so speechless, I just hung up.

T
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.