Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Giving Credit to Hidden Gems Investing article by: I cannot find the article at this time.
Sorry.

Required Information
1 TICKER
2 Market Cap
3 Enterprise Value (EV)
4 Free Cash Flow (FCF)
5 5yr HHistorical Growth Rates (5HG) not to be confused with Hidden Gems (HG)
6 5yr Future Growth rates (5FG)
7 Return on Equity (ROE)
8 Insider Ownership (IO)
9 Share Dilution (SD) NOTE: On the off chance that ANYONE thinks I know what I'm talking about, be forewarned that I do not. To emphasise this point, I tried unsuccessfully for a day to sign up for FreeEdgar. Today I have a log in name and a password, but FreeEdgar is not is not free to me for some reason. Must be jealousy of my good looks and charm…NOT! So I have yet to be able to easily get this information.

The Fun Part (info. Taken from Yahoo!Finance)
1 CNXS

2 Market Cap <> $100,000,000 - $2,000,000,000
140.54M This is easy

3 EV/FCF < 10
11.16 Not toooo bad.

4 EV/FCF/5HG <1 Great for measuring the past
.09 Well is this extremely cheap or what?

5 EV/FCF/5FG <1 Great for palm reading into the future
.69 This is more believable and looks good.

6 EV/FCF/ROE <1 In the absence of #4, #5 heres a more tangible guess of management
.85 Not too shabby

Bottom line. I will rely on my past evaluations of CNXS to dictate any action I need to take. Right now that evaluation deems CNXS. Not to mention I am trying to get out of the Medical Sector completely.

My intention was not actually to do an evaluation of CNXS, but to show everyone my ability to use Fool evaluation tools, or lack there of, so I can get feed back on how to do it correctly or at least better. The more tools I have, the more data I can make out into information the better I will be in helping this honorable board.

So now I'm all exposed and vulnerable. And I promise to keep posting these mistakes until I am corrected. Then I will just post mistakes frequently.

Foolishly yours
t.t.

"That was why he shied in such panic."
TO BUILD A FIRE, Jack London
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.