Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I may not always LIKE the fact that they have eliminated some old industry standards, but I love the fact that they make things move forward.

Heh, despite your protestation, you might be accused of blindly following whatever Apple does.

I went through various Apple-driven transitions, as did we all. At those times, I resented the loss of ADB, SCSI, Firewire, etc., given my prior investments in hardware, but now, I'm glad I did, every single time. Having been through transitions in the past makes it easier, for me, to accept transitions now and in the future. OTOH, I accepted the loss of floppies and optical drives pretty easily. I think the opportunity to get rid of piles of floppies, CDs, and DVDs has been pretty enticing.

Changes to iCloud/.Mac/MobileMe were a bit more difficult, since I had lots of content created on things like iWeb, for example, and while I can easily copy data between Firewire, USB3, and Thunderbolt drives, the loss of services without an upgraded alternative left me either high and dry or without an easy transfer to something newer. I do note with more than a little satisfaction that iDisk, the loss of which I thought was a bad idea, was eventually returned in iCloud Drive -- this despite another poster here telling me I should just follow Apple's choices, which are the wave of the future, etc.

-awlabrador
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.