Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I may re-enter on dips myself (after closing PHYS earlier due to the Pro rec), but if I do get back in, I'd consider pairing it with a silver position. Silver is more volatile but may actually be the better bet over a period of several years.

Check out this interview with Eric Sprott on why he thinks silver will go higher:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtuBVru2XNw

If you don't have time to watch, the thesis is, #1, gold and silver are trading well outside their normal multiple (currently gold trades at 43x silver compared to historical 16x), and #2, there is enormous short interest in silver, with more "paper shorts" than physical silver, ie. if the shorts had to cover they would be unable to do so. Sprott suggests those two items together will likely "resolve in silver's favor" as he puts it.

In other words, if gold falls, silver may do fine anyway. If gold rises, silver may do even better. (I'm reminded of one of the gold bulls earlier this year who said "if the market does well, gold will be fine; if the market tanks, gold will take off").

Rob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.