Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I mean someone asked about what they could do as a day trip from Bryce National Park, Utah and one comment was Death Valley National Park, California. Good Grief...that's 400 miles ONE WAY and you don't visit Death Valley in the summer! Another person wanted to know what to do while in Yellowstone next week. They got the usual answers like make the two loops and go visit the Grand Tetons...except the time of year they are going to be there NOT all the roads are open and they can't make the two loops or get to the Grand Tetons. So it's things like that.

See, you would have been quite the resource for these people! It's a shame that one, single-minded person can ruin what could have been great advice for everyone.

There are better uses of your time for that! :)

Fifi
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just to point out the "obvious"...

The name of the board "See The USA via Road Trip". Makes sense that anything from S America is not in line with their board. Right?
No. of Recommendations: 3
PUERTO RICO IS PART OF THE UNITED STATES?!?!?!?! <jk>

My thought is... if you're going to include Hawaii (which you can't drive to without a C-17), all the territories should be allowed.

AC *do you think they're territory deniers*
No. of Recommendations: 1

That's what I'm thinking! This sounds like a politically charged group and you are well out of it. I would ask your friend who invited you to the group to check and see if your posts are still there. Then if they are, maybe she could flag them to be deleted as 'inappropriate' (LOL).

Goodness. I've noticed since January that there are a lot more quick, hot-headed replies to anything that smacks of politics. Not only in Massachusetts, where we were living, but here in Texas as well.

Fifi
No. of Recommendations: 4
Just to point out the "obvious"...

The name of the board "See The USA via Road Trip". Makes sense that anything from S America is not in line with their board. Right?

Nothing is obvious with this group because in spite of their name "See the USA via Road Trip" they include Canada!

The link I provided goes to the United States National Park service and you can select a State and listed in those states are: American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, Northern Marina Islands and Virgin Islands are all listed!

I have visited "The National Park of American Samoa" which is administered by our US National Park service and the same goes for "San Juan National Historic Site" in Puerto Rico.

Utahtea
No. of Recommendations: 4

====*====*====*====*====

That's what I'm thinking! This sounds like a politically charged group and you are well out of it. I would ask your friend who invited you to the group to check and see if your posts are still there. Then if they are, maybe she could flag them to be deleted as 'inappropriate' (LOL).

Goodness. I've noticed since January that there are a lot more quick, hot-headed replies to anything that smacks of politics. Not only in Massachusetts, where we were living, but here in Texas as well.

Fifi

My friend was a newbie to the group and just wanted a travel type escape from being home bound because of COVID. She knows I travel a lot and thought I could be helpful. Which I was. I mean someone asked about what they could do as a day trip from Bryce National Park, Utah and one comment was Death Valley National Park, California. Good Grief...that's 400 miles ONE WAY and you don't visit Death Valley in the summer! Another person wanted to know what to do while in Yellowstone next week. They got the usual answers like make the two loops and go visit the Grand Tetons...except the time of year they are going to be there NOT all the roads are open and they can't make the two loops or get to the Grand Tetons. So it's things like that.

My friend was shocked when I told her. I usually just scroll though anything political online because everyone already has their minds made up. I think you're right...I'm well out of it!

Utahtea
My friend was a newbie to the group and just wanted a travel type escape from being home bound because of COVID. She knows I travel a lot and thought I could be helpful. Which I was. I mean someone asked about what they could do as a day trip from Bryce National Park, Utah and one comment was Death Valley National Park, California. Good Grief...that's 400 miles ONE WAY and you don't visit Death Valley in the summer! Another person wanted to know what to do while in Yellowstone next week. They got the usual answers like make the two loops and go visit the Grand Tetons...except the time of year they are going to be there NOT all the roads are open and they can't make the two loops or get to the Grand Tetons. So it's things like that.

If some of them are Canadian, I'd be surprised if they have actually visited US Parks and make those kind of inquiries. Anyone who has driven anywhere in the country would have better knowledge of the distances. Also, having some experience with the National Parks (especially during the past year), I've learned to verify access, programs, tours, rules, etc.

AC *then again everyone flies everywhere these days and expects to be catered to*
No. of Recommendations: 0
Understood. Sorry I jumped to a conclusion. And... after reading more on this thread, I see it's not all bw. Again, my apologies.
I mean someone asked about what they could do as a day trip from Bryce National Park, Utah and one comment was Death Valley National Park, California. Good Grief...that's 400 miles ONE WAY and you don't visit Death Valley in the summer! Another person wanted to know what to do while in Yellowstone next week. They got the usual answers like make the two loops and go visit the Grand Tetons...except the time of year they are going to be there NOT all the roads are open and they can't make the two loops or get to the Grand Tetons. So it's things like that.

See, you would have been quite the resource for these people! It's a shame that one, single-minded person can ruin what could have been great advice for everyone.

Fifi
PoodleLover,

No problem!

Utahtea

Fifi

Hi Fifi, Thank you for that. I decided to reach out to one of the Administrators of the Group because I wanted my posts deleted and didn't hear back from the moderator I contacted.

You can tell that everyone is a volunteer and no one, including the owner of the group has a clue how to run a forum based group. I found out my posts were deleted and while I could rejoin, I declined.

Thank you for letting me vent!

Utahtea