Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I meant I was burned with ACAS because I thought the dividend was safe/sustainable, and it wasn't.

Nothing in this world is sustainable all the time, forever and ever. Nothing We aren't sustainable-Stocks are n't sustainable -- dividends aren't sustainable. Nothing is forever. Except in the children's story books. "And they lived happily ever after"

If you don't feel you can deal with a roller coaster, it might make sense for you not to be in the market at all, because the market is getting more and more volatile as we go along. The DOW is running up and/or down 200-300-400 points or more everyday and some days there have been moves over 1000 points. You picked the right word "ROLLERCOASTER". I'm not saying what you should or should not be doing. That's completely up to do.

Just wonder what you think of ARCC going forward.

I already answered that question. I previously said I am adding to my position. That doesn't mean I might-could-would or will not change my mind tonight-tomorrow-next week or never

Even more important, what I do, or will do, should really have no basis for any action you might --would--or should do for yourself. Your situation and mine are completely different and therefor require different actions.
I wish I could be more help, but I don't know what else to tell you
You must evaluate every security you hold and make the right decisions for your situation

good luck
b&w
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.