Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I meant Piadine, not Pannini, sorry. Pannini is thicker and used for sandwiches and pizzas. It's similar to a pizza dough. I could probably get you a recipe for that if you want.

Piadine is a thin, tortilla-like, unleavened bread that's great to make in a pinch when you don't have fresh bread around to sop up the delicious sauce you've made. Here's my recipe, courtesy of Joe Ortiz in The Village Baker:

1 tsp. lard
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup warm water
1 cup flour, preferably organic unbleached

Mix and rest 30 minutes, then divide into quarters, roll out very thin, and cook on a hot skillet until bubbly and slightly browned.

As I cook each I put them in a cloth napkin between two plates. That keeps them warm and soft.

Enjoy!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.