Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 16

I met with Fred Anderson (Apple's CFO) for about 80 minutes Thursday afternoon. Nancy Paxton (Head of Investor Relations) was also there. My goal was to give a presentation explaining what we were trying to accomplish as shareholders and to argue for a series of actions that would benefit the company by improving investor confidence.

80 Minutes with the CFO??? That is a *huge* amount of time with a person with such authority with a large corporation.

They are really really worried that your proposal will capture a lot of attention.

They may be preparing to run a publicity campaign agains the proxy vote on the issue. How would we publicize our view?

Through the internet, that's how! There are *a lot* of stock discussion boards. Each member of this board is certainly part of a discussion group elsewhere in cyberspace. Some of these are stock discussion groups, some not. But, even if not a stock discussion group, they will have stock owners amongst them, and they will know people on other stock discussion groups (i.e. Yahoo).

So, as long as everyone here promises to spread the word on this when the proxy is mailed out, we can do a fairly massive blitz of information to a lot of investors. It is theoretically possible to carry the day!

Paul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.