Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I need Fred Taylor to come back with a vengence in a bad way.

Amen. I've lost Taylor, Crowell, Staley, Minnis, and Dayne for some or all of the season to date in one league.

Right now I've got two guys on the hook for Smith, but neither is jumping on him quite yet. It looks like I may be able to get either Marvin Harrison or Ahman Green. I'd rather have Green cause I need a RB and I think a stud RB is more valuable than a stud WR, but Harrison would be just fine, especially since I have been weakened by the loss of Crowell.

I'd take Harrison, but I agree you need an RB. Hold that thought a moment....

Troy Brown and Owens will be my receivers this week. Rod Smith or Harrison if either are on my roster.

Here's an idea for you: Trade Smith for Harrison. Trade Owens for Green.

Owens goes against Miami and Philly in weeks 14-15, which sounds like the beginning of your playoffs. Nasty secondaries. Wouldn't you rather have Harrison at home against Atlanta and the Jets?

That potentially gives you Taylor and Green at RB and Harrison and someone at WR. Sounds pretty good.

The Moss for Holt/Gannon deal has been put on hold in that league of mine. Neither of us is flat out cancelling it, but we're keeping it on the burner. Big factor has been the need to set the roster on Thursday and not knowing injury status by then.

In my other league, it looks like I was accepted with my offer of Dayne and Staley for Holt. I think I'm going to end up getting Hearst back, as well.

That'd give me:
QB Brooks
RB CMart, AThomas, Taylor, Hearst (start 2)
WR Holt, Boston, Morton, Booker, Terrell, Hilliard (start 3)
K Cortez (see ya, Longwell)
D Philly

I'm 3-3 over there. Kind of lame in that 8 of the 10 teams make the playoffs, so I'm stacking for a playoff run. I won't catch the 6-0 team, I won't win points, so it's all Super Bowl at this point. How about the A Train against Tampa, Washington, and Detroit in weeks 14-16? Grab him now if you can get him, even if it requires a trade.

--Pup
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.