Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I have been looking at stocks for about the past year now and I'm ready to start investing with my first 2000.00 problem is that I would like to invest in companies like KO,MMM,JNJ, and LOW but I don't know how much of each or do I put it all in one stock since theses stocks cost in upwards of over $100 a share.. invest in each? I'm hoping to start raising about 800 a month starting in the next 6 months to my portfolio..
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Welcome, All the stocks you mentioned are solid dividend stocks. There really isn't a wrong answer to your question. It is just what risk tolerance you have. Personally, I would suggest you diversify with 5 to 10 stocks, until you identify with what parameters you want to work with your portfolio. Best of luck.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would like to invest in companies like KO,MMM,JNJ, and LOW but I don't know how much of each or do I put it all in one stock since theses stocks cost in upwards of over $100 a share..

I'm not you, but I'd buy KO first and then spread out from there as time goes by.

Desert (CVX, XOM, T, BNS, BKH, ED, ATGFF, NI, NWN, TRP, ENB, WRE, WGL, XEL, DUK, SO & KO) Dave
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I have been looking at stocks for about the past year now and I'm ready to start investing with my first 2000.00 problem is that I would like to invest in companies like KO,MMM,JNJ, and LOW but I don't know how much of each or do I put it all in one stock since theses stocks cost in upwards of over $100 a share.. invest in each? I'm hoping to start raising about 800 a month starting in the next 6 months to my portfolio.. "

*****************************************************************************************

My eldest son & family started buying stocks through a direct investment program where he transferred
a specific dollar amount to each of 4 companies every pay period - he invested $200 into
the companies through Computershare. There are several different ways to do similar actions.

They have been actively investing over the past several years - dollar cost averaging they're
way to a portfolio that will benefit them later.
Assuming the world continue to turn in some reasonable fashion.