Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I need to do a rare self-reply because this part of my sleep-deprived 0:dark:30 rant

Kuemper if he's done for the year, which after watching the year, it looks like he could be

was way off* and I gotta clean it up. Kuemper returned to the Avs' bench 2 nights later in Anaheim to back up Pavel Francouz (who notched his first career shutout) for a game that, on an unrelated note, saw MacDermid-Deslauriers V go a bit over a minute--one of those classic tough-guy scraps where both guys get tired out and there's no real loser. In this one it looks like most commenters are going with Deslauriers due to his serious reach handicap and the fact that he got MacDermid's helmet off 2/3 of the way in but didn't lose his own. Then DK returned to the ice tonight and for the second of the back-to-back 'LA swing' to beat the Kings 4-1. Colorado's now on a 10-0-1 streak and sitting atop the West.

Of course, it's a bit silly to look at NHL standings based on points with teams playing such a widely varying number of games: currently 32 for the Isles, up to 42 for the Ducks/Preds, with a median of 39. I'm glad they finally got around to scheduling the Covid make-ups for the break, so long after it was announced (1 month ago today) that NHL players won't be in Beijing. That should get us back on track for the March stretch run.

-n8 (also 2 in a row for the Kraken! w00t!)
* because I don't know a lot about concussions, but I've heard that they can be severe without looking like it, or in this case, the opposite. Related: get well soon, Avs up-and-coming D-man Bowen Byram.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.