Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I never said they were. Palestinians are semitic people. Look up the definition of semitic, you will not see anything closet to what you said in your first paragraph. And I used it properly.

I know the definition and you're wrong.

Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
Discrimination against Jews.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anti-semitism

Duh.

Duh isn't the right word. That's a pretty new theory and is not accepted widely yet. Until now, it was thought that there was no genetic similarities between Jews and Arabs. Turns out Palestinians are somewhat unique, at least genetically, amongst other Arab groups.

It refers to peoples and languages. I considered what the Zionists have done to Palestinians as very anti-semitic.

No. It's specific to hatred and bigotry toward Jews. There is certainly racism towards Palestinians but it has never been referred to as anti-semitism except by a few Arabs trying to be coy by saying they can't be anti-semitic. Like I said, it's semantics I guess. Racism is racism. But the definition has nothing to do with Arabs.

Derek
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.