Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I no longer work at my teaching job and am on an extended leave of absence to care for an ill family member. I have not given a resignation. Do I have to quit my job completely, before I can transfer any of my (403b)funds?

I contacted the man who set me up with my TSA (403b)accounts for a number of years. He seemed hesitant to give me the names of the funds and the account numbers in full.

I am not sure how to find this information for myself: what this *agent* surely must know. He asked me for my social security number. He said many of the companies do not send him statements, but it seems to me that there is a chance that these funds would perhaps pay a *fee* to him at the time of set-up or even yearly?

In the past, I have not always watched after financial accounts as I really should have. Is there a place that I can go to see if perhaps I have left an account or two *out there* that would be possible to retrieve now? perhaps a website that does social security searches?

Just beginning this quest to find my funds, and any help would be much appreciated! ~julie
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.