Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 166
I've known Bob (Odee on TMF) for a few years now, and he never ceases to amaze me with his energy, demeanor and sense of fun.

Bob is a devoted family man with a huge heart and a capacity to bring people together for a good cause (or just a good time).

He frequently organizes Fool get-togethers in NYC, CT and Virginia (amongst other places), and has made it a point to meet as many Fools as possible face-to-face. In fact, he has met over 100 Fools in person amidst his travels all over the U.S.

Bob is extremely dedicated to http://www.operationfirstresponse.org/ , an all-volunteer organization that assists wounded soldiers and their families with their personal and financial needs. Bob quite often drives down to Walter Reed Hospital with a trunkload of supplies for the injured and recuperating soldiers. Oftentimes, Bob pays for those supplies himself.

Bob's selflessness is a trait we can all admire and emulate, and his conduct is truly an example of "learning together".

Here Bob describes his meeting with two soldiers he supported while they were stationed at Guantanamo:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22519712

Bob recounts hearing from a soldier he is supporting as he is in the midst of active duty:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22927686

And finally, a recounting of one of his many visits to Walter Reed:
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22771040

I know there are Fools out there that can advise you on which stocks to pick/avoid, and how to start a retirement fund and such. But Bob has taught so many Fools about the "balance" we need in our life. The need to laugh, to love, to genuinely "care" and be selfless in our daily lives.

I am honored to have Bob (Odee) as a friend, and I urge you to consider him for this award.

Diane

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 10
If that were not enough.....

He also takes the time to make new posters feel very welcome to the Fool community. During my trial month he took the time to welmcome me to the message boards and to point me to a few boards that would be of interrest. Not many other folks take the time to actually build the community and help out the new folks.

Bob (Odee) is one of the few truly good folks around here.
No. of Recommendations: 6
I have also known Odee for several years. What a wonderful Fool to have in your corner! Giving, caring, awesome sense of humor, sexy, handsome, all in the package we know as Odee. He is always the first to step up and fling jello when it is called for!

Kath
Odee fan
No. of Recommendations: 5
Agreed. Absolutely.

- Pam
No. of Recommendations: 6
I have a personal story that might help showcase how generous Odee is. A few months ago my grandmother passed away. I wrote a long recount regarding it on the death and grieving board and he was kind enough to send a card to my house in memory of my grandmother! A card! That's an extremly compassionate thing to do.

Odee fan,
-_- Alex -_-
No. of Recommendations: 3

But Bob has taught so many Fools about the "balance" we need in our life. The need to laugh, to love, to genuinely "care" and be selfless in our daily lives.

I want to second (or whatever number I am in the order) Odee's nomination

No. of Recommendations: 4
I haven't "known" Odee too long on the various boards I lurk or post on, but he is a really neat person! Great sense of humor, and always nice to me! He's so much fun to kid around with too, and I really enjoy his posts. He's always made me feel welcome on the boards and is always pleasant, and not arguementative like a few posters (who will remain nameless have been) He's an all around great guy!

So, let me also chime in here with the rest of these folks and urge you to consider Odee for the award as well!

Allison
No. of Recommendations: 5
Odee rocks.

He's going to be a back up client for my grant writing class this spring. I specifically asked him because I know I can trust him to be generous, supportive, and responsive to my student's questions. THere are very few people (let alone people I only know from online) that I ask to serve as back up clients because there is so much at stake.

I am glad that my class might be able to help support him in *his* generous support of the troops.

b
No. of Recommendations: 9
Excellent Nomination!

May I second, third or forth it?

I first met Odee when he took a long drive from his parents (itself a long drive) for the sole purpose of having a beer with jC. Probably the most Met in Person Fool and the arranger of many Fool Gatherings.

Odee post on many boards, never gets enough rec's and still pursues his work for the vets and managing his family. The most selfless of all Fools that I know.

Well deserving of a Feste Award

jC
No. of Recommendations: 7
Fantastic choice!!!

I can honestly say that don't know a single person that is more honest, thoughtful or caring than Bob. Not one.

He brings out the best in people with humor and compassion. I wish we could clone him.

Starr
No. of Recommendations: 4
Odee is one of the best Fools around. Welcoming, kind, generous, humorous, etc.

jmc
No. of Recommendations: 2
I hear O'd was at TMF HQ today.

Lobbying?

SB (knows a little bird)
I hear O'd was at TMF HQ today.

Lobbying?

SB (knows a little bird)

Are you referring to Odee, SB?

Yes he is.

Yes I was in TMF HQ this morning, I was the one wearing a Santa hat as a diguise.

If I knew the streets of Arlington, VA better I wouldn't have been able to visit TMF HQ this morning.

Lobbying? What on earth for? I simply stopped by to visit some friends, have my picture taken. For all everyone else knew, the real Santa stopped by to see who was naughty and who was nice.

Odee
-just my luck to think of how I should have invited some of the ladies to sit on my lap and tell me their holiday wishes :)
No. of Recommendations: 1

Yes he is.

Yes I was in TMF HQ this morning, I was the one wearing a Santa hat as a diguise.

If I knew the streets of Arlington, VA better I wouldn't have been able to visit TMF HQ this morning.

Lobbying? What on earth for? I simply stopped by to visit some friends, have my picture taken. For all everyone else knew, the real Santa stopped by to see who was naughty and who was nice.

Odee
-just my luck to think of how I should have invited some of the ladies to sit on my lap and tell me their holiday wishes :)

I dought it was, but wasn't sure.

RAW RAW RAW! ;-)

(Odee does champion some very worthwhile causes that truly impress me.)