Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I nominate rpanton for the Feste Award. I have sung his praise before and want to make it now official through the right channel, too.

I'm lazy, so I just paste my old post again, with very few edits at the end. If this nomination turns out to be below standards, please don't hold this against rpanton but solely against me. His contributions are huge and lasting. They should be recognized out of their own rights and not ignored because a time-starved Fool's laziness in preparing this write-up.

Here we go -- the old post:

I want to officially thank and applaud rpanton for his constant contribution to Gemdom. Many of us lurkers owe him big time. At least I know I do.

As probably every HG subscriber who frequents the boards knows, rpanton regularly posts the financials for HGs. He also runs a little standard valuation each time. I am too lazy to pull these data myself much too often. That's why I am so grateful that someone else is regularly doing it for me. Much of my knowledge about the financial position of some Gems come from glancing through rpanton's posts when they go online.

Second, his posts are a constant reminder for me to not take things for granted, but to go back and check the history and facts. Of course, facts are nothing without judgement, and I value the discussions with my fellow Fools highly. The exchange of opinions and takes is very important to me, too... but rpanton makes me circle back to the facts before forming an opinion.

Third, I noticed that the boards are much quieter than before. A lot of the excitement of investment has worn off with the losses of the last months. The more I appreciate the perseverance with which rpanton keeps contributing.

Thank you rpanton. You are my Fool of the... errr.. last 8 mths or so, and if TMF HQ has a heart, they'll give you a free subscription for the next year. You deserve it.

For the Festee Award Nomination, I want to add two more things to strengthen the point:

rpanton exemplifies the Fool's spirit of
LEARNING
He clearly refined his data tables and his valuation approach over time, becoming more conservative as the clouds grew darker. Both his data support and judgement improved during the year.
TOGETHER
His posts are designed as a pure contribution for others. He provides the base for educated analysis for everyone to use and complements it with his own valuation take.

To quote examples of his contributions, please consider these posts:
early version: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26212065
later version: hhttp://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26638216
commentary: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=26641350

I also want to mention that he is relentless in his effort. His contributions are plenty, regular and reliable. I think we are blessed to have him as a contributing member. It is people like him that contribute, not lurk, that keep up the spirit and essence of this community.

We owe him.

LongNShort
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.