Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
With the U - Maryland becoming a member of the Big Ten. I now can honestly claim to be Big Ten grad, with a slight asterisk.

The U-MD has (or at lease had) a contract with the DoD to provide Bachelor's level education on our overseas bases. I attended the campuses in Subic Bay (Philippines) and Yokosuka (Japan).

Legally, the overseas base campuses are under the heading University College. I have never stepped foot on the main campus in College Park. All I know about CP is that it is in metro DC.

When I graduated, the guy who runs the Asian portion of the DoD program told us that we could market ourselves as U - MD grads with the school's blessing, so I do. But when pressed for details I always fill in the blanks, like I am now.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Doesn't the Big Ten have something like 14 schools now? It doesn't seem like those remedial math classes are working very well.

That's almost as silly as the Pacific-12 conference including schools from UT, CO and two (count 'em!) from Arizona. Have you been to Arizona? Salt Lake City? Boulder? They bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Pacific region. Why not admit North Dakota State into the SEC? But at least they still don't call it the Pac 8.

--fleg
No. of Recommendations: 1
Doesn't the Big Ten have something like 14 schools now? It doesn't seem like those remedial math classes are working very well

Shhhhhh, you're killing my buzz.
Doesn't the Big Ten have something like 14 schools now? It doesn't seem like those remedial math classes are working very well.

That's almost as silly as the Pacific-12 conference including schools from UT, CO and two (count 'em!) from Arizona. Have you been to Arizona? Salt Lake City? Boulder? They bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Pacific region. Why not admit North Dakota State into the SEC? But at least they still don't call it the Pac 8.

--fleg

Their trademark is now B1G so perhaps they have plans for two more schools now that they have fourteen schools.

Mike
Well, you're a heck of a lot more open about your educational background than Our Most Transparent President Ever.