Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I offered two predictions, but by applying two different standards (one to evolution, one to creation), the predictions were judged to be faulty.

Would you mind repeating those predictions? I haven't been keeping up with recent posts.

So what predictions do paleontology make that have not been found yet?

Are you serious? Just off the top of my head, I can tell you that paleontologists generate many theories dealing with when and where a particular group of ancient organisms were present and when they became extinct. Such theories lead to a number of predictions, such as what other fossils should or should not be found in the same strata or what type of pollen granules are likely to be present on a fossilized insect. Based on skeletal fragments paleontologists try to reconstruct the organism, in effect making theories about what it looked like and how it behaved. They then use these theories to make predictions about where more fossils are likely to be found that will test their ideas. These theories and predictions are based on the assumption that evolution happened. The vast number of these predictions turn out to confirm or be consistent with the basic concept of evolution.

If a creator used the same DNA building blocks, you'd see the same thing. "But creation explains everything!" Doesn't mean its not true. Can't you say the same thing about evolution?

Nope. If apes were found to use a different genetic code then humans it would have demonstrated that humans did not evolve from apes. Evolutionary theory would be falsified. If the earth was only 10000 years old, evolutionary theory would be falsified. If it turned out that organisms were optimally designed, without vestigial structures for example, evolution would be falsified.

In comparison, what observation would falsify to you the proposal that God created life?

I'll say again that supernatural explanations cannot be falsified. For example, can you prove to me that the Norse god Thor is not the cause of thunder and lightening? I believe people with hemorrhoids are being punished for their sins. Prove me wrong.

Here's another question for you. Why couldn't evolution be the method by which God generated the diversity of life?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.