No. of Recommendations: 0
I only picked up TWLO, SHOP, and ANET recently so I haven't seen any upside, but it was interesting that we had two of the same choices. You are probably doing better than I am on them.

I was trying to look at the 5G trend from wall to wall. Infrastructure, carriers, component manufacturers, installation hoping to find a smaller company that will benefit a lot.

I agree that user equipment is a much bigger market than infrastructure, but the cell phone companies are well established and seem too big and diversified to grow a lot.

Supposedly some of the cell carriers are planning to start adding lots of small cells to the existing network in order to increase bandwidth. The small cells only have like 1000ft range so for continuous coverage you might need 30 or more of them per square mile. Using the area of the 20 largest US cities by population I get like 200,000 cells, but the number of people living in the cities is around 30,000,000. So the number of units is clearly a lot less than phones, but its a new segment in the industry.

There is a bit of discussion on the Skyworks board if your interested:

https://boards.fool.com/4056/3-top-growth-opportunities-for-...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.