Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So that's one thing taken care of.

I also moved the bulk of what I intended to fund it with to Emigrant instead, since the interst rate is nearly a full 1% higher, and will just send enough to get the bonus to TD Ameritrade each month, the rest in Emigrant.

Next on my list of Financial Things To Do: wills and trusts and such. Would anyone care to give me the quick and dirty on revocable versus un(ir?)revocable trusts?

I also have some nifty prenup info to go over with BF, since it seems DN won't have that card paid off anytime soon (and I mean YEARS from now), and as it's the sticking point.....

impolite
joining the bonus hos
Print the post Back To Top
bonus hos

There really should be a TMF board with that title.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi imp -- can DN ADD to the debt on that card?
No. of Recommendations: 2
impolite: "Next on my list of Financial Things To Do: wills and trusts and such."

Also, springing power of attorney, medical power of attorney (either separately or as part of the MPOA, HIPAA qualified notices), and a living will.

"Would anyone care to give me the quick and dirty on revocable versus un(ir?)revocable trusts?"

revocable - Grantor (a/k/a Settlor, MAKER) can terminate any time; often becomes irrevocable upon the death of the Grantor.

irrevocable - cannot be terminated by the Grantor. It is hard for me to imagine why you would need as irrevocable trust any time soon.

Regards, JAFO

Disclaimer

Yes, I am a lawyer, BUT THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE; it is only general information. NO CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED TO BE CREATED, NOR IS ANY SUCH RELATIONSHIP SO CREATED. FOR SPECIFIC LEGAL ADVICE YOU SHOULD TALK TO A LAWYER IN YOUR AREA.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I also have some nifty prenup info to go over with BF

Long term planning or is there anything you want to tell us?

(Just being nosy)
Long term planning or is there anything you want to tell us?

Long term planning. I'm reasonably sure the one boundary I'll be unable to cross from my childhood is *purposely* having a child outside of wedlock, and we'd like to start trying in two or three years, so it'll have to happen before that.

impolite
No. of Recommendations: 3
Long term planning. I'm reasonably sure the one boundary I'll be unable to cross from my childhood is *purposely* having a child outside of wedlock, and we'd like to start trying in two or three years, so it'll have to happen before that.

YAY! A BABY!

:o)

d
No. of Recommendations: 2
YAY! A BABY!

:o)

d

I would be surely pleased if you have one soon, so that I might just play with your baby and wait a little longer for another of my own.

impolite
I would be surely pleased if you have one soon, so that I might just play with your baby and wait a little longer for another of my own.

impolite

It's gonna be a while for me, but my friend Leeann just had a baby today. I think you might have met her briefly at the block party in October.....she had a girl.

I bet we could figure out how you could play with that one in the meantime.

d